This was in accordance with a memorandum submitted by President Mahinda Rajapaksa, under Chapter 40 of the Public Security Ordinance.
Some reasons given by the government for the above ban are:
- Committing acts of terrorism and other forms of violence.
- Engaging in armed conflict with the government forces and police.
- Threatening the sovereignity and territorial integrity of the country.
- Aim of establishing a seperate state within Sri lanka.
- Using civilians as hostage and a human shield.
- Using child soldiers.
visit www.dailynews.lk for more details.